KDHouse Junkyard wars
Bicycle Build Day 1
5 hour disorganized build
Bike Day 2 (plans)
News Flash : we have been challenged by some Canadians!
Prelim Contest idea is to build most ridable bike.
It can't be a issue of national pride because our guy with the bike tools is Canadian, so it'll just have to be fun :)
Amphibious Bike Build Page (concept stage)
Time Lapse Video
Low Quality (2 minutes 4 megs Real Player) (2 minutes 20 meg mpeg 1)
High Quality (2 minutes 13 megs Real Player)
What I learned.
1. It was a lot of fun.
2. it is important to know what time everyone has to leave.
3. if you want to accomplish a lot with you time, plan more and divide the labor.
I think we could have built 2 bikes in the same time.
If you have fun who cares?
4. We had trouble with the dual rear wheel steering. First it was too high and tipped over
and then we rushed and didn't get the linkage the right length.
5. Be careful about improving the simple design. We started with front wheel drive all we had to do was
flip the wheel over and peddle with our legs up in the air.
Then we decided to flip the wheel over reverse the pedals cut and move the derailer, remove the derailer, shorten the chain to fit without any derailers. How is this better than rear wheel drive and extending the chain?
6. We had a plasma cutter 100 pounds of sheet metal in 1/16, 1/8", and a little 1/4" and a marker that could have trace and support bracket we wanted. We should have made some support brackets.
6. My plan is to but a wagon steering underneath link it up test it and have it ready to race head to head on
Bike build 2
(I have got brake lines / bell and battery for light)
sketches of new bike
Plan is a traditional three wheel, rear wheel drive dual front wheel steering. One group will work on the steering while the other works on the Drive. Plan details will appear here soon!
Or a side car model with two wheel simple recumbent with an attached second rider. Advantage unmodified steering. Disadvantage 2 drive trains to adjust.
Lazy Boy / BarkoBike - recliner with foot extended - two rear wheel for support one front wheel for steering, some pedal arrangement, good gears, and possibly the hidden uphill assistant (12 volt / 0.1 horse motor and 12 volt 2 amp hour + batteries).
Others - E-mail me::::: kd_j at kd.dynip.com
sketches of new steering
Bike Forest Home builts
Steve's Recumbent Home Page.
Some Michigan HPVA Members and their Recumbent
Louisiana Bike Festival
And of course DP (of The N.E.R.D.S)
Why not to bother using a 5 gallon pressure can for power (@100 psi power same as 1 AAA battery)
Was considering for the uphill assistant
Last updated June 3, 2003